Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snowflake Baby Shower

My dear, dear friend Jen is about to have her first sweet little baby, Matthew. Jen's story is so very special, as the baby she's about to have is adopted. It's called a Snowflake Adoption or embryo adoption. You can read more about it here. These little babies are called snowflakes because each one is individual and unique, and they're frozen. :)

I was so honored to be able to make Jen's baby shower cake. The baby shower was snowflake themed, which was perfect seeing as the shower was at the start of the Christmas season.

The cake was designed to resemble a patchwork blanket, complete with fringe on the ends.

The snowflakes are piped out of royal icing.

I also made some snowflake sugar cookies for the shower. I decorated each one to be unique. They turned out so cute and were a huge hit at the party.


I just can't wait to meet Baby Matthew in just a few weeks!

1 comment: