Monday, June 6, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation Cake

Kids have a way of growing up so fast, don't they? Imagine my shock when I blinked and my son was graduating from Kindergarten! I was so excited to be able to do the cake for the reception following their program. Since he was at a private kindergarten, and there were only 7 kids in his class, I thought it would be so fun, and different, to put each of their little faces on the cake... in the way a kindergartener would draw them, of course! :) I personalized each face with the proper eye color, and tried to add a little something extra where I could. Ava always wore a bow in her hair, Brendan's teeth were falling out all year so he's got a nice gap tooth smile, Joshua (my little guy) wears glasses, Kerrigan frequently wears her hair in ponytails and Norman has a long curly ponytail. They all loved it. They were so excited to see themselves on the cake. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment